Time to bring out that big megaphone! With Announcement Channels, you can deliver updates to your friends, your mom, your community, and whoever genuinely cares about your water drinking habits.
Is the channel half full or half empty?
Unlike a regular text channel, Announcement channels comes with a “Follow” button that allows server members to hook and connect the channel into their own personal servers. Now, select messages in your Announcement channels can be "published" in your server member's, friend's, community's, or dog's servers as regular messages, allowing them to get the latest updates in the places they hang out most. Learn how to follow channels here!
Note: Announcement Channels are now available to all servers with Community Servers enabled.
How do I create a new Announcement Channel?
- In the channel list, hover over the channel category where you want your Announcement Channel to live and hit the "+" icon to Create a Channel.
- Select Announcement as the channel type, and enter a channel name.
- Then click Create Channel when you're ready for more shenanigans!
How do I make an existing channel into an Announcement Channel?
- Hover over the channel name and click on the Settings Cog icon that appears to go into Channel Settings.
- Set channel as Announcement Channel, by toggling on the feature!
- Make sure to set permissions properly so that only people who properly represent your server can send messages in that channel.
- Send Messages Permission will only let you publish your own messages
- Manage Messages Permission will let you publish all messages in the Announcement Channel
- You can modify these permissions in the Permissions tab! ⚠️
🎉 Tada! 🎉 Anytime you post an announcement, you can now hover over the message, and click "Publish" to publish the announcement to all servers who follow your Announcement Channel.
Important Notes to Keep in Mind
- @everyone, @here, and other mentions WILL NOT get pushed through to following servers.
- Messages will show up in following servers exactly as how the message looks in your server when you click Publish. This includes embeds, images, videos, emojis, spoiler tags, etc
- Editing a message will also edit messages in the following server. Deleting will also delete the message, but it will leave a [Original Message Deleted] note for the users
- The rate limit is 10 publishes per hour, and if you hit it, you'll see this error message below!