- Custom statuses can be set on iOS, Android, desktop app, and browser.
You just poured yourself a nice bowl of cereal and your friends are hounding you to log in to play a ranked match with them. You ask yourself, "How can I tell my friends that I'm busy eating cereal, without talking to them?" Worry no more, introducing... Custom Statuses!
You can customize your own personal status to let other's know what you are up to!
What comes first, the milk or the cereal?
Setting a Custom Status
Desktop / Browser
1. Click on your profile picture at the bottom left of your app, then click Set a custom status
2. Click on the emoji to add an emoji to your custom status.
You can even use Custom Server Emojis if you have Discord Nitro or Nitro Classic!
3. Type your custom status, then click the Clear After menu to choose a time frame.
- Custom statuses expire after 1 day by default but you can configure them to last longer or shorter!
4. Click Save when you are done!
- Global emotes from Twitch subscriptions require an active Nitro subscription to be used in custom status.
Edit or Clear your status
To Edit your custom status, click on your profile picture at the bottom left of your app, and click on your custom status.
To Clear your custom status, click on your profile picture at the bottom left of your app, and click the "X" icon to the right of your custom status.
Please also note (I know, lots of notes) that custom statuses override other status activities in the members list and DM list, however all your status activities will still show up in your full profile
1. Press on your user icon at the bottom right of your app to access your User Settings.
2. Press the Set Status button to access your status settings.
3. Press the Set a custom status button.
3. Press on the emoji to add an emoji to your custom status and/or type your custom status message in the status text box.
4. Set a time frame for your custom status.
5. Press save when you are done!
That's all folks
Now go pour yourself another bowl of cereal! We're always open to your feedback and would love to hear your suggestions on how to make custom statuses better over at https://dis.gd/feedback!