Server Templates will let you clone existing categories, channels, roles, and permissions to help you create a new server easily!
What does this article cover?
Creating a Server Template
Note: This feature is currently only available on the desktop and browser client, but if you’re on iOS or Android, you sadly won’t be able to create a new Server Template at this point in time.
1. To create a Server Template, you will need to be the owner of the server or have a role in the server that has the 'Manage Server' permission:
2. Once you have a role with those permissions, go to Server Settings by clicking the dropdown menu next to the server name, or you can right-click the server name itself:
3. In your Server Settings, Click on the Server Templates tab:
4. In the Server Templates tab, you can give your template a name and short description.
After you fill out the template title and description, press Generate Template to create a template link.
6. Once you generated a link, simply click Copy and you are ready to share your Server Template!
Sync Server Templates
Server Templates do not automatically update when you make changes to the original server's set-up. That means if the Server Template isn't synced, you won't see the new changes when use the template!
However, a notification pop up will when you make changes to your server:
In order to sync your Server Template, go to Server Settings → Server Templates → and press the Sync Template button to update that template!
Deleting Server Templates
Server Template links can also be deleted by going to server settings → Server Templates → Delete Template
Using Server Templates
Server Templates must be generated by a user who has the 'Manage Server' permission. Once a Server Template has been generated, you can share it in chat and it will look like the image below:
Before you create a Server using Server Templates, you can preview the template to see if it's to your liking!
If the template is to your liking, you can rename the server and upload a new server image from the preview window.
Click Create and you're all set! Your brand new server has been created with all the preset channels, roles, and permissions! Have fun!