Note: This feature is slowly rolling out so not everyone has access yet! Stay tuned for more details in the future!
WHAT ARE DISCORD STUDENT HUBS?
A Discord Student Hub is a place for students to meet classmates from their school.
Each hub is only accessible to users with an email address associated with that school. Students will be able to find other classmates that have joined the hub, add their servers to the hub, and find their classmates' servers, all in one place.
Where are Student Hubs available?
- Hubs are already live for most schools in Australia and are currently rolling out to colleges in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Brazil, Spain, Japan, and the Philippines. It is now possible for students in many countries across the world to add their school to the hubs waitlist.
Is this a Discord partnership with high schools/colleges?
- Hubs are not officially affiliated with or managed by schools. A Student Hub is a collection of student-run servers. The Hub’s function is to make it easier for classmates to find and join one another’s servers if they choose to do so.
Who has access to a hub?
- Only those with a school-assigned email address can access their school’s specific hub.
How will my school email address be used?
- Your school email address will be used to verify which student hub you can access. It will not be visible to other users on Discord, and it will not be shared with your school.
How do I add a server to the hub?
- Servers can be added using the “Add Servers” button in the left panel of the hub, or by using the “Add Server” button in the hub server list.
How do I remove a server from the hub?
- Servers can be removed by hovering over a server preview in the hub on the top right corner to access a smaller menu that includes the option to “Remove from Hub”. You will be asked to confirm before removing a server from a hub.
How do I leave the hub?
- Click on the Student Hub name for a drop-down menu. From here - you can leave the hub, in addition to changing your nickname or inviting more classmates. If you decide to leave a hub, you will be asked to confirm prior to leaving.
What safety measures are in place for the students participating?
How do students find the hubs waitlist?
- If the hubs waitlist is available in their region, students can find it in the following place:
- Desktop/web: Click on the Explore Public Servers button at the bottom of the left panel in Discord
- Mobile: At the very bottom of the left panel in the Discord app
What does an invite to the waitlist look like?
- Text may change slightly, but invites to hubs look similar to this:
How do I remove myself from the waitlist?
- By signing up for the waitlist you will not be automatically entered into the hub when the hub is live. When the hub goes live you will receive an email at the email address you provided, letting you know that the hub is live if you would like to join it.